Credit Recovery Options
When students are deficient in credits, they need to meet with their counselor to create a plan for credit recovery. Westmont offers the following options to recover credits:
- 7th Period Credit Recovery: English 1, 2, 3 and 4; History/Social Science, Laboratory Sciences including Biology, Chemistry and Physics as well as Physical Education and IM1.
- Odysseyware Academy: Free self-paced online class during the academic school year.
- CACE-Night School: Meets two days a week and the courses are not A-G eligible (English and Social Science).
- Community College: These classes must be pre-approved by the Principal and School Counselor. Visit the Concurrent Enrollment page for more information.
- To graduate from Westmont and obtain a diploma, students must earn a minimum of 220 credits and pass required courses with a grade of D- or better.
- F grades must be repeated for CUHSD and/or for A-G college requirements.
- Students who are applying to UC or CSU and received below a C- (e.g., D and/or F), must repeat the course to be A-G eligible.