Community Liaison / Encargada de Enlaces co
My Name is Norma Sánchez; I joined Westmont High School in 2015. Since my arrival, my goal has been to increase participation from our underrepresented families. I work closely with Guidance Counselors, Assistant Principals, principals, and teachers to ensure that our English Learners are getting the support they need. Below are ways in which I can assist you and your student during your academic career at Westmont. In addition, I work alongside our Teacher On Special Assignments to monitor EL student progress, reclassifications, ELPAC testing, and provide resources to our families
Welcome to the 2021-2022 School Year!
As the bilingual Community Liaison at Westmont High School, I am looking to get to know our wonderful families. My role is to support our Westmont families. Throughout the school year, I will share useful resources, provide parent workshops, help families understand our school system, and help parents support their child's education. I very much look forward to working with our Westmont students, parents, faculty, and community resources. Together we can help our students have a successful school year. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Phone Number: 408-626-3406
Cell Phone: 408-796-8183
How does the Community Liaison support the Westmont community?
The Westmont Bilingual Community Supports students, staff, and community groups in a variety of ways including:
- Assisting in Westmont's ELAC (English Language Advisory Committee) meetings and promoting the participation of parents in our diverse population
- Connect families with appropriate resources at school and in the community
- Assist with registration/data confirmation at the start of the school year
- Aiding communication between the school, teachers, students, and parents
- Interpreting and Translating transcripts, emails, announcements, and meetings with teachers and office administration.
As a parent, if you have any questions or concerns about your student's academic performance, attendance, ways to help at home, etc. feel free to contact me by phone, email, or stop by my office. It will be a pleasure to meet and help you! Show your student that school matters, and that you are invested in their success by being involved in school activities! Also, demonstrate to your student that success in school is the pathway to college, a career, and productive life!