Committed to Rewarding Excellence
The Renaissance program is a concept and attitude. We are working to increase student achievement and celebrate success. Ultimately, we hope to one day have 100% of the students on campus become part of Renaissance.
Westmont High School is proud to join many other schools throughout the nation in making a commitment to student academic excellence and self-improvement through Renaissance. WHS has been a part of the Renaissance program for one year and has already seen growth in academic achievement.
Students are rewarded for consistent achievement and turning around a negative academic record. Both are incredible accomplishments and allow the school to come together to celebrate doing well in school, no matter what their past situation was.
Three Major Goals. . .
1 To focus on and emphasize academic excellence
2 To recognize and reward student achievement
3 To recognize and reward staff achievement
Qualifying for Renaissance
Students are automatically enrolled in Renaissance each semester that they achieve one of the following:
- 3.0 or higher semester GPA at Westmont
- 0.5 or higher Westmont GPA growth over the semester before
Depending on their academic qualifications, our school recognizes students through incentives and rewards such as:
- Renaissance Carni"fall" in October for achievement/growth the previous spring
- Renaissance Field Day in May for achievement/growth the previous fall
- Student/Staff Luncheon
- Teacher’s Choice rewards (Teachers choose prizes they are willing to offer. Students get a sticker with three spots indicating three prizes they are choosing to receive each semester)
- Food prizes for all members
- Raffle prizes for local businesses
- Largest growth reward of free dance tickets and Westmont prizes