COVID Athletic Updates
California Interscholastic Federation (CIF)
- Return of Educational-Based Athletics Plan (LINK)
- Covid-19 Modifications for each Individual Sport (LINK)
- Reinstatement of Bylaw 600
- States that student-athletes are unable to participate on two teams at the same time. Therefore athletes will only be able to play one sport per season and may not participate on any outside (travel or club) teams while competing on a WHS team. Bylaw was reinstated to be in alignment with State and County guidelines.
Central Coast Section (CCS)
- If Santa Clara County and a particular sport are in tier alignment, we may begin practicing without any further restrictions.
- See the above Return of Educational-Based Athletics Plan LINK for a list of which sports fall under which tier.
- If a sport is in a less restrictive tier than Santa Clara County would allow (Example: Field Hockey is a Red tiered sport but the county is currently in purple), then that sport may practice as long as the athletes maintain six feet of social distancing, wear masks, and hold practices outside.
Blossom Valley Athletic League (BVAL)
- Season 1 Practice Start Date: February 22nd
- Season 1 Sports: Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, B/G Water Polo, Girls' Volleyball
- Season 2 Practice Start Date: March 22nd
- Badminton, Golf, B/G Soccer, B/G Tennis, Swimming & Dive, Wrestling, B/G Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Cheer, Boys' Volleyball, Track & Field
Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE)
- Expansion of cohorts to full teams.
- Has extended mask mandates to during activities/competition as well. Stating "face coverings should also be worn during activities with heavy exertion as tolerated (unless the face covering could become a hazard).
- SCCOE COVID-19 Response for Athletic Programs (LINK)
- Following CIF, CCS, BVAL, and County guidelines WHS programs are allowed to hold workouts prior to the start of practice for each season as long as we maintain all safety protocols. Pre-season workouts include physical conditioning, skill-building, and training. The workouts must be conducted outdoors with 6-feet of physical distancing, and within stable team cohorts. To ensure that you stay up to date with information regarding specific sports, make sure that you fill out the Athletics Survey if you have not done so already as well as follow our new athletics instagram account (@westmonthsathletics) with the latest updates.
- What workouts will look like:
- Athletes arrive on campus wearing masks.
- On their way to the designated facility for workouts, athletes will begin filling out the Daily Health Check Form.
- The Coach will take athletes temperature using contactless thermometers and then athletes will submit the Daily Health Check Form.
- Athletes are then able to participate in the physically distant workouts.
- *Reminder athletes cannot participate in pre-season workouts if they are on an outside team (i.e. club or travel team).
- In order for athletes to participate in practices once they start, athletes must be fully cleared.
- Please visit our athletics page on the school website or click the LINK for all items needed to be cleared for practices/competition.
- Athletes will receive confirmation once they have actually been cleared.